Friday, March 9, 2007

A'Ding Ding Thompson


This one's for the girls in my community group, mainly for Gwenny Gwen who claims to feel "big" while in her third trimester. Bah. And I say again, bah. Have you ever seen such in all your days? In truth, I'm quite proud of this picture. You don't just get this big by accident. You have to work for it. One of my favorite memories of being pregnant was getting up with Phil at 2am and eating a huge plate of pancakes and bacon while watching Seinfeld. Good times.

In spine news (Jean, I think this will be the last of it), my wacky neighbor Tiendra picked it up yesterday after our walk together. Her son Flanagan* is only a few weeks younger than Andrew, so we regularly stroll our little ones together. Upon approaching my driveway, I warned her of the spine and gave her a brief synopsis of how it had come to live with me. Brave and slightly cracked soul that she is, she decided to save me from it. I stood in my garage and screamed while she scooped it into a bag and trotted off towards home with it swinging precariously close to Flanagan's unsuspecting and as yet uncontaminated baby flesh. As I was shrieking at her not to do it, she just laughed at me and shook her head. "Now I understand why your mom likes to mess with you," she says right before grabbing a decroded possum skeleton. Yeah, I'm the crazy one.

Flanagan & Andrew back in the day


*Name has been changed to protect the innocent

5 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

You're not longing to be this big again anytime soon are you? If it would make your friend feel any better you can always show her the pics from my shower where I looked like a beached whale. I can't believe how much I swelled. Of course, the pics might be more amusing since you are trying to lean out of them more than anything! Ha, ha!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could post a current pic - We could have a competition. You know we where gonna keep the new babies name secret - Thanks a lot!

Gwen

Erin said...

The only thing that isn't fun about adoption is that I have no excuse to eat pancakes and bacon at 2 a.m. while watching Seinfeld. I managed to gain 44 pounds during pregnancy, 42 of them between weeks 14 and 37. That's nearly 2 pounds a week. Impressive, no? To this date, I still have no idea how I did it.

Gwen, I must see you soon!

Brea said...

I don't have the courage to post my late pregnancy pics on my blog, but I really do think my circumference probably surpassed yours. I know I gained at least 45 lbs, maybe more. I just stopped looking every time they weighed me toward the end. :)

Christy said...

Erin, I think all that paperwork you've had to do certainly calls for some late-night breakfast food. And Seinfield. No question.

And Brea, I gained 50, so I win! I couldn't help but watch when they weighed me - it was like a train wreck.