Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Knock's Wife Looks Like The Buun

Andrew with 1st-cousin-once-removed-Brent

We're back! Our trip to Sandersonianville Town was fabulous. Precious and I were treated like royalty and had so much fun that the return to the world of laundry and cat barf has been a bit of a shock. Where's my big bowl of coffee icecream and fun movie? Oh, I guess these old macaroni noodles and Full House will have to do. Where's my dearest Auntie, hilarious Uncle Mark, and cousins so adorable I could eat them with a spoon? Andrew and I are instead on our own today since Dad's in NYC (again). And yet we press on, hoping to inspire others with our hardihood (actually a word, my favorite of the day).

Andrew with his Ashton

In a valiant effort to stave off depression, Andrew has decided to enter the minor leagues with his crawling. He's still working on the knee coordination, but instead of the awkward forward lunges that had him landing pretty hard on his chest (and sometimes face), he's perfected the undulating worm motion and can get pretty much anywhere he wants to. Oddly enough, he headed directly for the stereo.

He can also go from laying down to sitting up all by his onsie. It happened the first time on Thursday ... I put him on his back, walked into the kitchen, then came back in to find him sitting up 2 feet from where I'd put him down. I didn't see it again for days, so I assumed Shiloh had fashioned some sort of a pulley system to hoist him up while my back was turned. But he performed his magic again last night during post-bath naked time. Ahhhhhhh! What's happening here?!


Now if you would, please indulge me in a moment of boastfulness. I was recently in my room doing something very industrious when I heard the cat making her "I'm about to throw up all over your carpet" sound. With incredible speed and dexterity, I dropped the bandages I was rolling for the wounded, grabbed Sofie and thrust her furry face right over the toilet. She did what she needed to do, then sauntered off to plot greater evil against my furnishings. But for the moment, my carpet was safe. It was one of my finer moments.

And now I leave you with a few very exciting American Idol photographs. I'll attach some at the end of my next few posts.

Chris & Sarah

Sarah & Sallie looking fab

10 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

I hope we can locate some of your hidden brownies while I'm visiting...hint, hint!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh, and wait until you leave Andrew in one place only to find he's wandered off into another room!

Anonymous said...

Ummmm, Brent feels it's important to make the distinction that in fact, he is Andrew's FIRST cousin once removed.....

Poppy V said...

Chris and Sarah will prove to the world that marriage is not only ordained by God, but that God makes it work!!

What an inspiring couple for the world to see.

Love your blog and your pictures of Andrew.

--"Chris-Sligh," The Secret Blog of Chris Sligh

Brea said...

Brennan is jealous of Andrew's ability to get to the stereo unassisted. Sounds like SSB is living up to the "Scooter" part of his name!

Hey, maybe if you are consistent with the cat, you can train her to do her barfies in the toilet.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

One of my personal hobbies is to make sure everyone I know understands cousin mathematics, because I, like Brent, believe that it is terribly important, and that cousin-math mastery is a crucial life skill.

So, if Ted and Bill are first cousins, then Bill's son Fred is Ted's first cousin once removed. In general, the cousin number is related to the number of generations away from siblinghood. That is, siblings are zeroeth cousins, children of siblings are first cousins, and so on.

For more on this topic, I refer you to the song by Ray Stevens (or someone like him) called I'm my own Grandpa.

Unknown said...

In the previous example, Ted's son Ned and Bill's son Fred are second cousins.

Okay, that's all.

Christy said...

OK, OK! I've changed it! So what is Ned's grandson to Fred's nephew?

No worries, Georgia, there will be brownies. :-)

And Brea, I'm definitely thinking that sort of cat training could pay off big 'round these parts. Now if only I could get her to do her other foul cat business in the potty as well ...

Unknown said...

Third cousins once removed, if you assume no half-siblings or step-siblings.