Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Freak Insurance

I wasn't planning on posting twice today, but oh my goodness ....

So I took my Sweet Scooter Bicks for a little walk, and we went by the droid house. No spine. The nastified fur was still there, but the spine had disappeared. I figured they finally decided to use to to flavor a stew or something ... that is 'til I got home and found the spine at the top of MY driveway. AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me and the droids don't live that close together - not nearly close enough for spine migration. Come to find out my mother put it there. She took Andrew out for a stroll on Monday while I was being drilled upon, and she ... hold on, it weirds out my fingers to type this bit ... she picked up the spine (with her hand in a bag), but it in another bag, put it in her pocket, then walked back here with it and carefully positioned it at the top of my driveway.

My mother dearest is some kind of crazy. She'll do nightmarish things for a laugh. She's fabulous. But now I'm being held hostage in my own home by a possum backbone (my mom went back to SC today, and Phil's in New York on business). I actually walked past it before I knew it was there, but now that I know, I just don't think I can do it. I've got playgroup tomorrow and they're promising cupcakes, so I'm going to do my best to drive past it. I'll probably need to scream while I do it and I'm certain my toes will curl up to my knees, but what can I say? I'm strong.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yu know you need to get out there and take a picture of the artistic way I positioned the spine. There was on obvious gap in the blog where the picture should have been!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree to that, Nana! I mean if someone goes to all that trouble to move a spine down the street there should definitely be a picture. Christy's pics bring a smile to my day!

Christy said...

I'll try, but the thought has sent my bum aquiver.

trmills said...

As I've already said, this is a great story. Mrs. Martin, you have my lifelong admiration.

By the way, Christy, that is TCPITW of TCBITW. WHO made the hat and socks?

Christy said...

Thanks Rhi! My Aunt Jill (my mom's cousin) knitted the hat, sweater, and booties. I'm feeling a little pitiful about my own knitting skills.