Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Phonebook's Here! The Phonebook's Here! I'm Somebody Now!



It's after noon and I'm still in my wams, which I just noticed are actually inside out. I've decided that it's more to do with the today's exciting distractions than with my extraordinary laze.

First off, Precious and I are packing for a trip to visit Auntie Amy, Uncle Mark and cousins Ashton and Brent. We leave in the morning for NC and can't wait! These are some crazy fun people and I'd have them all living in my basement if I could. Some excerpts from recent Auntie correspondence:

The piercing eye pain I am experiencing while being expected
to view pictures of unauthorized people holding him [Precious]
with looks of arrogance and self-importance are really beginning
to take it's toll.


I might have thought that the spartan and dare I say blindingly
hideous decor in the room presented in the boxer picture should
have been a obvious trail of crumbs leading to the realization that
the picture was not taken in my house.


Happily, Friday is my short day [at work] & I'm done at 11. I am
however, perfectly willing to tell them that I hate all their guts &
they're ruining everything & I hope they all get spines in their
driveways & I have to leave even earlier. Just say the word.


You all want to come with me now, don't you. Well, you can't! Moo haa haaaaaaa! (my favorite evil laugh stolen from Gilly Smack)

Second off, today I find out whether or not my haiku campaign worked. Will the Peabodys continue to live here in The City of Delight? They probably found out themselves only moments ago, but have decided to torment me with their bloody stumps and make me wait 'til 5:30 this evening before sharing the news. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Last off, Phil will be picking up the Fro Patro from the airport tonight, after which I expect hours of star-studded repartee. Phil got to chat with his mom for a few moments today, and here's what I know so far ...

- Simon hugged his mom and told her he liked her jacket

- Melinda Doolittle says "Hi" to my dear friend, Emily, and was very
excited to hear about her twin girls (an additional connection to fame!)

- Sallie got pictures taken with each of the Final 12

- They are promising zillions of pictures for my blog

Only negative feature of the day thus far ... a disturbing odor fills my nostrils whenever my very furry cat walks by. I dread further investigation ...




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: THE PEABODYS STAY! I just wet myself.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The jealousy I am feeling is beyond words. I call extra time with the precious at the beach!

Georgia Girl said...

Andrew is darling! I can't wait to meet him.

Brea said...

I can't wait to see the AI up-close-and-personal pics!

trmills said...

Hooray for the Peabodys! I'm so happy!!

Anonymous said...

Christy, my daughter just started a blog so I can see my granddaughter grow up before my eyes. We're miles away, so a blog is a great thing for grandparents.

You're blog is so special for your family and friends. Keep it up.

And thanks for checking with Sarah about www.chris-sligh.com. Whoever it is has posted a tribute to Sarah tonight.

Best always,

Anon

Peamama said...

We are so excited to be staying in Hotlanta!!! Thanks for all the smart and savvy haikus. We owe it all to you, oh haiku. Now I wonder if such a campaign would work to bring the Mills back? Maybe...just maybe...

Unknown said...

Hey! That's a pretty cute nephew I have! Too bad he'll grow up to be warped and twisted like his mom.

sigh...

Unknown said...

By the way, I've actually gone back and read everything written in February and March. Wonderfully entertaining!

And just kidding about the "warped."

Georgia Girl said...

Shiloh's cute, too! Quite photogenic...does he always perk one ear up?

Christy said...

Anon - thank you for your sweet comments about my baby and blog. I checked with Sarah and found out that Chris has nothing to do with that blog (or any other blog at the moment). I think they've actually posted something on his fan site to that affect now ... but thanks for checking!

Uncle Jeff - so, just for the record, you consider me twisted, but not warped? I'm ok with that. However, I do take issue with the fact that you obviously have the most adorable nephew that ever existed and you're just now attending to his site. What the heck?! I've long been expecting amusing and thought-provoking comments from you. You get a big pile of dirt for your birthday this year.

And hey Georgia - I can't wait to show off My Precious to you! And, yes, Shiloh usually holds one ear up and leaves one resting.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Christy for the info about the "Secret Blog." You are right that the official fan site chris-sligh.info has cleared things up and actually did an interview with the secret bloggger, who is not Chris. It's a fun site, but does not involve Chris directly.