Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Matchy Matchy Green Squared


I'm so pleased to report that His Preciousness seems to be feeling much better. Still a little crusty around the snoot, but so much more his normal, chipper self. (Nannie, he's totally into the musical bunny you sent him. I've listened to The Hop 700 times since Saturday). And, big news .. he has slept through the night the last 3 days!!!! 7:30 pm to 7:30 am. My muddled brain is not so quick on the uptake, because I continue to wake up lots. I'm having extremely strange dreams (unfortunately no more involving Ryan Seacrest or the Olive Garden) and I'm reverting back to thinking that the dog is Andrew asleep next to me. (During the first few weeks home from the hospital, I would wake up hysterically searching for Andrew in the sheets, even though he never once slept in bed with me, and I was constantly snatching up Shiloh thinking I'd found him).

Friday night with Ami & Co. was very fun. Their baby girl got the memo about the cat wetties and, fearing her raven locks were the next target, opted to stay up with us big folk. Being the cutie patootie that she is, no one minded. (All unattractive children are required to scrub the larder). Emily, I hope you don't mind that I shamelessly used your spinach dip recipe to lure the McSchnazzys into our tangled web. I think I gave you credit for it. Maybe.

Phil and Andrew had some male bonding time on Saturday whilst I attended a shower for Phil's sister, Crazy Aunt Sallie, who's going to make one seriously beautiful bride come the end of April. Rat fink that she is, Sallie could sit around all day eating cheese doodles and watching The Price Is Right and still have the figure of Jessica Simpson. In preparation for the wedding, I think she may now be working with a trainer at the gym and eating vegetables ... not good for the rest of us who are expected to wear swimsuits next to her on the family beach vacation.

Sunday morning in the cesspool was a wild time to be sure, but we survived. We thought no one came to the early service - certainly no one who had a child in Infant 1 - but we were oh so wrong. We had skads of babies (3 babies = 1 skad) and they all were extremely hungry, tired and otherwise bummed to be there.


Sunday afternoon was much more fun as my mom (Nana) came to visit! She drove all this way to take care of My Precious so that I could have massive amounts of dental work done on Monday. There's not much in life that I enjoy more than chatting with my mother over a hot cup of tea and a lemon cookie, so the 3 fillings and a crown were worth it. She brought along with her a mystery book written by Willard Scott that we discovered was meant to be a serious literary work. Mom described it as a really good 11th grade English paper. Willard, you go with your bad self.

My time yesterday at the dentist went really well, thanks to the fabulous Dr. John Robinson. Amazingly, I've never needed a crown before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. It wasn't bad at all. Dr. R. gave me the option of using whatever sort of gas dentists offer (laughing gas? nerve gas?), and I confess I was sorely tempted, especially when he mentioned it would probably have an effect similar to downing two margaritas. I've never had two margaritas before (I've never had one, seeing as they taste like ca ca doody), but I imagine that under such an influence I would find everything to be extremely funny and generally make a fool out of myself. You see why I was tempted. But, alas, I don't actually get nervous about dental work, so it would have just been to goof off... my favorite thing . Maybe for my next visit in couple weeks (oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, there's more work to be done).


TCBINW is thoroughly bored with my blogging and has requested a walk. Don't forget to watch American Idol tonight and vote for the incredibly talented Chris Sligh!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are the McSchnazzys? I would love to have friends by the name of McSchnazzys! 'I'm sorry we won't be joining you for dinner tonight, Mr. President, we have plans with the McSchnazzys'

Brea said...

I've been thinking about switching dentists and I've heard great things about Dr. Robinson. Do you think I would like him?

Christy said...

Georgia Girl - You would so give up dinner with the president to hang with the McSchnazzys. :-)

Brea - So glad you're finally going to switch dentists. That one you're going to now stinks! And Dr. R. is the best - no question. And his office will give you margarita gas if you want it. What more could you ask?! Come to think of it, your little boy looks quite a bit like Dr. R. Hmmmmmmm. Scandalous.

Jean Joiner said...

Man...quit talking about the spine already. It really grosses me out and makes me thankful I don't live on your street. :) Allen has that wake up in the middle of the night thinking Everett is in the bed trauma too. He wakes me up constantly! Crazy people. So glad your precious is sleeping through the night. What a wonderful time of life for you!

Anonymous said...

Did I tell you we turned our monitor off now at night? Plus Mommy wears earplugs, but I can always hear my little one when he really needs me. I sleep much better now actually! McSchnazzalicious!

Dave, Ami, Hadleigh Claire, Annelise, and True said...

Must say that we had a fab time on Friday too, and made it home in time to watch What Not to Wear...even though it was a re-run. The main issue now in the friend thing is your margarita comment. Can it really be true that you don't like them? I think this and the wine can be remedied...it might take some time. We shall see how it all turns out.