Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Grandmother Has That Dress, But She Only Wears It When She's Makin' Sauce



Andrew and I ventured to the park for the first time on Thursday. He had a lovely time in the baby swing (though he was determined to look serious every time I pulled out the camera), and we enjoyed the beautiful spring weather and woodsy scenery as we walked the trail. I'm a pretty naive person, often bordering on stupid, but since my Sweet Scooter's arrival I've been experiencing more than my fair share of paranoia. For example, as we were walking, I noticed a man sitting by himself in one of the picnic areas. This alarmed me. Precious and I had come alone, and no one else was nearby. What was this man up to, sitting by himself at the park in the middle of a week day? Why was he watching us like that? Why, he must certainly be able to see that I'm strolling the most beautiful baby in the world, and he wants to take it from us, Precious! I spent the next half-mile fanticizing about how I would jab him in the eye with my car key if he got anywhere near us. Perhaps I should consider some powerful medications ....



My mood improved considerably when I saw this sign.



I spent all day Friday waiting for the pediatrician's office to call me. Andrew had been fighting a cold all week and woke up at least 5 times during the night Thursday, sad and pitiful and too warm for my liking. I finally gave up the idea of discussing his symptoms over the phone with the nurse and decided to have the doctor do a quick ear and throat check to ease my mind before the weekend. Verdict: A little fluid in the ears (but no infection) and a red throat. A beastly virus that would just have to run its course. Lots of rocking and kisses and Tylenol seem to be helping.


And I have a grand proclamation, though you may not believe it. As of Tuesday, I've completed all my dental work!!! I am a new woman. One who brushes with prescription toothpaste and flosses religiously. And Dr. R. gave me the most delightful prize for my good behavior - the mouth molds used for my crown. It is my pleasure to introduce to you all ... the Dread Pirate Roberts.




Dread has been making himself right at home, snoring loudly from his bed in my sock drawer, demanding total silence during his favorite shows (24 and Supermarket Sweep), and eating all of my Girl Scout cookies. He's a wiz in the kitchen, however, and can make the dog stop barking with one stern look, so we don't complain.

And not that we care anymore, but here you go ...


Chris, we're so proud of you! Check out the link to Chris' blog (yes, this one's really him) in the "My Peeps" section to the right.

7 comments:

trmills said...

Hello, Dearest! I was happy to see that SSB is enjoying the swings at Lucky Shoals- those were Emmy's first swings, too! And good news about the dental work and your new housemate...feeling a bit envious about the Samoas, but not too much...

Peamama said...

Poor Chris! I was very dejected to see him go from Idol. He did awesome, though, to make it SO far!!
And Christy, I know the feelings of paranoia. I experience them, too. Cars are just aiming for me and my stroller, strange men following us home from our walks, women plotting to grab them from me at the park. Aah, the joys of motherhood. :)
By the way, Phil, go on with your bad self this morning. Allen and I discussed it and we are coming to you guys for marriage counseling. What an awesome lesson!!

Christy said...

Gill - I just laughed out loud at the thought of being your marriage counselor. Too funny! I'll be sure to pass along your very kind words to my Honey, though. That will mean tons coming from you guys. And I'm glad to know I'm not the only paranoid nut job out there - I should have known I could count on you to be there with me! :-)

Rhi - the Samoas this year taste like doo. I think they added crushed worm shanks to their secret recipe. Your mangos and sticky rice are certainly the way to go! :-)

Brea said...

I agree with Gill - Phil did a fabulous job teaching on a potentially embarassing (at least to some) topic! I think I see 'Teaching Elder' somewhere in his future...

John and I laughed out loud at your description of the Dread Pirate. I know you're really going to miss your frequent dental visits. :)

Brennan and I would love to accompany you and Andrew to the park anytime. Brennan has a mean left hook and can protect us from any would-be evildoers.

Phil Mobley said...

Gill, my first piece of advice is to add a little spice by having Allen dress up like He-Man. Encourage him by telling him you've always thought of him that way. Then, go on a nice long kayaking trip together to build camaraderie. (Watch out for moccasins!!) Finally, ask Allen to tell you the three things he fears most about the prospect of seeing "Ocean's Thirteen."

If that doesn't help, then man, I don't know what to tell you. That'll be $0.05, please...

Peamama said...

See, I KNEW we should come to you for advice. Phil, you read Allen's thoughts. And the converation of Ocean's 13 was really what we needed to feel "connected" and "consummated" or was it "converational"? All those "c" words got me confused.

Anonymous said...

This past week Melinda finish the vocals on her CD!. All of that happens quickly then you will see her CD on shelves this Fall! Also, keep your eye out for her first official single that should be hitting airwaves in the coming weeks. Melinda is going to be throwing a lot of music at us in the coming months so get ready!
We have new website to support Melinda Career. I'm one of her backups who support Melinda from the beginning. Melinda have her own topic in the forum. She keep us update with all what happen with her album and everything with us. She is a amazing person. Come join us.