Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sweet Fancy Moses!


Well, the whole American Idol thing didn't play out quite as we'd hoped, but it was still fun to catch a few glimpses of the family on national television (albeit wearing looks of distress while listening to the judges' comments, but c'est la vie). I think Chris sounded fantastic, waaay better than most of those other nut jobs, and the fact that there exist such talented individuals who have the capacity to arrange (and thus rearrange) music just blows me away. I seriously doubt I could hold a mic and walk at the same time. (I get flustered just trying align the snaps on Andrew's wambones.*) And what's with the schizo judges? You sounded just like the original artist and didn't make it your own and therefore stink ... You made it your own and sounded nothing like the original artist and therefore stink. **

The "Fro Patro" will stay in LA for the show tonight (where they announce who's been kicked off). Unfortunately we haven't been able to reach them yet to get the inside scoop on it all ... they're probably trying to talk Phil's mom down from a chandelier in the studio lobby as I'm convinced she hasn't slept in about 6 days and is sure to be in total uproar over the entire situation. Never has there been a more dedicated, caffeinated and sleep-deprived soul.

So, while we eagerly await juicy AI tidbits, I present to you ... more pictures of The Precious!

The photo at the top was taken just an hour or so ago of him sporting some far out acid-washed shorts that used to belong to Phil's father.

Here he is trying to eat a piece of apple. It hasn't occured to him yet to remove his gumdrop*** before attempting to put other things in his mouth.



And we've got serious forward motion happening now, accomplished by propulsive lunges (see below) instead of the prosaic shifting of knee position.




* pajamas

**Disclaimer: I have zero musical ability and actually have no clue what the judges are saying most of the time.

*** pacifier

8 comments:

Erin said...

Uh oh, tell Shiloh to watch out--dog tails are such a wonderful target for newly-moving babies! Probably cat tails, too, but we don't have a cat so I can't comment on that one.

Trust me, from what very little I know of American Idol, I hear that Chris is quite talented and that there are many, many others who deserve to be kicked out tonight. I'm sure he'll still be around. Perhaps he can help peel your mother-in-law off the chandelier!

Georgia Girl said...

Maybe Caleb can teach him a few tricks next weekend :-) He'll have Andrew hanging from the chandelier before it's all over. We'll have to mark our "gumdrops". Caleb gets real excited when he finds one-he plunged forward under the recliner while I was sitting there and banged his head. I went to comfort him to find he was going after his paci.

Anonymous said...

Peavs will LOVE IT that you used wambones in your blog!!!!

Peamama said...

Andrew is too cute. I would like to eat him up! I have to say that Holly is grossly offended that her blogspot has not been posted under "My Peeps" and we have decided (jointly) that even if we get Emory we are going to move to Nashville just for retribution.

Anonymous said...

Andrew's a doll! And doing a blog where family and friends can see him is a great idea.

I wondered if you had seen a blog about chris--www.chris-sligh.com. I don't think it is written by Chris, but wondered if it was a friend of Chris, because the writer seems to have Chris' heart. Any idea about what and who is behind this "Secret Blog of Chris Sligh"?

Christy said...

Lamere, what are you talking about?! Holly's the first one on the list. Have you been hitting the sauce again?

Anon, I have no idea about that "secret blog." Honestly, I doubt Chris has anything to do with it (just a hunch), but when I see his wife this evening I'll try to remember to ask her about it.

Brea said...

Well I'm very happy to know who "Lamere" is!

Phil Mobley said...

I know all fathers think their little boys are the best. But seriously folks, those crawling pictures? C'mon. Being perfectly objective, you have to admit he really is TCBITW, don't you?